What makes a beach the best beach ? [ Depends on the traveller, here is some possible reasons ]
- A beach trip consists of white sand and blue waters
- A family-friendly atmosphere defines a beach’s excellence
- Off-the-grid setting is a top factor
- relatively calm, and there’s plenty of sand to use for sunbathing or castle-building
- and the list goes on ..
Here are top 10 beaches based on my travel experience of 15 years and the research thats put in by me each time i go to a different beach
1. Seychelles [ www.seychelles.travel ]
One of the most photographed beaches in the world. The turquoise water is relatively shallow and protected from the ocean’s waves by a reef.
2. Maldives [ www.visitmaldives.com ]
The 1,102 islands that make up the Maldives form 26 atolls. The soft air enveloping the archipelago blends into a beautiful palm-fringed haze.
3. Bora Bora, Tahiti [ www.tahiti-tourisme.com/islands/borabora/ ]
nickname “the romantic island,” a moniker easy to appreciate with its isolated beaches, intimate hotels, and quiet atmosphere.
4. Lanikai Beach, Hawaii [ http://www.best-of-oahu.com/Lanikai-Beach-Oahu-Hawaii.html ]
Half a mile of sparkling sand, palm trees swaying over a white-sand beach. The shore is protected by a nearby coral reef, which keeps the surf relatively calm. The water is always deep green and postcard-perfect.
5. Playa del Carmen, Mexico
Travelers flock to “Playa” each year for its lively atmosphere. Running alongside the town’s main thoroughfare, La Quinta Avenida, the beach is backed by vibrant shops and eateries.
6. Tavarua, Fiji
Can anything beat an island shaped like a heart? Didn’t think so.
7. Ko Phi Phi leh, Thailand
There’s the crystal-clear water and enormous rock formations, then there’s the inexpensive cuisine that will impress even the biggest foodies.
8. Bora Bora, TahitiBORA BORA, TAHITI
Famous turquoise water, coral reefs and over-water bungalows — You can also go scuba diving or climb the dormant volcano during the day
9. Copacabana, Brazil
Just outside of downtown Rio, it welcomes millions of sunbathers each year.
10. White Beach, Boracay, Philippines
Home to a monthly full moon party. If all-night partying isn’t for you, at least catch a stunning sunset before turning in.