How To Choose The Best Kayak For Beginners and Experts
There are few factors to check before getting a beginner kayak. Once you check these simple and easy to understand factors, you will be able to grab a perfect kayak for your next journey.
- Sit on top vs Sit-in kayak: Kayaks are usually two types: Sit-on-top and sit-in. In the sit-in kayak, you will be surrounded by the cockpit, and you will sit in the kayak. Sit-in-kayaks are used in cold areas, where you get to keep yourself warm while sitting in a sit-in kayak. On the other hand, sit-on-top kayak allows you to seat literally on the kayak. Anglers usually choose a sit-on-top kayak for their smooth movement and upper level than the water level.
- Type: There are different types of kayaks based on the purpose of the users. There are fishing kayaks, recreational kayaks, sea kayaks and more. Most beginner will look for either recreational or fishing kayaks.
- Size: Size is important when you are choosing a kayak for either adult or kids. Usually, an adult will be happy with a 10 feet kayak, but for a kid, you will have to choose a shorter kayak.
- Safety: Since you are looking for a kayak for beginners, you need to choose one with the good safety. We have mentioned some top safe kayak for beginners.
- Inflatable or hardshell: If portability and managing is an issue for you, you can choose inflatable kayaks. However, most of the times the Hardshell kayaks provide better security and stability.
- Price: Usually, inflatable kayaks are cheaper than the hardshell kayaks. Some hardshell kayaks can be found at low cost too.
It is not a hard task to choose the best kayak for novices. If you follow the few factors we have mentioned, you will be able to decide which kayak is suitable for your need. If the price is a very important factor for you, you should go with the inflatable beginner kayak. Inflatable kayaks are much easier to carry and serves great to the occasional kayakers. We will continue to add more beginner kayaks in the list. Meanwhile, you can suggest or post your favorite beginner kayak in the comments section. Happy kayaking.
This article originally appeared in kayakbase.com