The short answer is there’s no single perfect answer, and it really depends on key factors like personal travel style, length of time you have available, and of course your finances.
Start by answering a few questions to yourself !
- Why do you want to travel?
– checking things off my bucket list?
– put more meaning to your hard earned dollars
– looking for a memorable and rewarding experience
– want to brag about it on facebook 🙂
The list could go on, I love travelling mainly to make everlasting memories, travelling is all about the unknown. That’s its attraction. If it were possible to ‘know’ a destination completely then it wouldn’t be much fun to explore.
- How much time do you have ?
– short term or long term
– focus on the experience and not on the no of attractions to cover
– If you are on a short trip in Paris, its perfectly ok to skip 10 out of 15 attractions in Paris even if you are never planning to come back. What matters is how much you enjoyed the 5 attractions you visited.
- Who are you traveling with?
Your destination choices can be affected dramatically by your traveling companions.
– Solo, Family, Couple, Friends … it matters
- What kind of experience you are looking for ?
– adventure or relaxation
– cities or countryside
– beaches or mountains
– resorts or road trips
– festivals and cultural experiences
– shopping or food experiences
- What is your budget?
– you can pretty much find a match for your budget choices whatever travel destinations you choose.
– so do good planning and research to make the best budget choices whatever travel destinations you choose.
- Fly where the deals are!
– Instead of thinking too much about the location of your next travel destination, let the cheap flights make up your mind for you!